CAPITAL PROGRAM COMMITTEE
T. Ewell Hopkins, Chair, Planning Board appointee
Barbara Alleyne, Select Board appointee
Maura McGroarty, Finance Committee appointee
William Vrooman, Moderator appointee
Deborah Potter, Town Administrator, ex officio
The Capital Program Committee exists to prepare an annual Capital Improvement Plan for Oak Bluffs and to consult with the Town's financial groups regarding Capital Improvement Fund Policy and Debt Policy.
The Capital Improvement Plan includes capital projects from all areas of Town life - Town departments, Wastewater, and Oak Bluffs School. In areas where capital spending is governed by boards other than the Board of Selectmen, the projects are listed for informational purposes so that town voters can understand Oak Bluffs' full capital spending plan.
The Plan itemizes capital spending for the next 5 fiscal years and includes supporting data such as start-up and ongoing maintenance cost estimates, method of financing, and recommended time schedules. It is prepared in collaboration with all town departments and boards that sponsor capital projects. A public hearing about the proposed capital plan is conducted before a final plan is adopted each year.
The 6 members of the Capital Program Committee are appointed by the Board of Selectmen (3), the Finance and Advisory Committee (1), the Planning Board (1), and the Moderator (1). The Town Administrator is a non-voting ex officio member of the committee.
FY23 Department Submissions
- Building Maintenance FY23 Capital Submission
- Electric Vehicles CIP FY23 Capital Summary Workbook
- Electric Vehicles FY23 Capital Submission
- FIRE-EMS FY23 Capital Submission
- Harbor FY23 Capital Submission
- Highway Department FY23 Capital Submission
- LIBRARY FY23 Capital Submission
- Parks Department FY23 Capital Submission
- POLICE FY23 Capital Submission
- SCHOOL FY23 Capital Submission
- WWTF CIP FY23 Capital Summary Workbook-Wastewater
- WWTF CIP FY23 SCADA System Upgrade
- WWTF CIP FY23 Wastewater Planning Implementation
- WWTF CIP FY24 Hazard Mitigation Design -Dukes Pump Station
- WWTF CIP FY24 Ocean Park Rehabilitation
- WWTF CIP FY25 Hazard Mitigation Construction -Dukes Pump Station
- WWTF CIP FY26 Wastewater Planning Implementation
- WWTF CIP FY27 Wastewater Planning Implementation
- WWTF CIP FY28 Wastewater Planning Implementation