Local Drop Off Recycling Information
Oak Bluffs Recycling Center is located at 16 Pennsylvania Avenue
The Local Drop Off & Transfer Station is open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 AM to 2:45 PM. The transfer station scale house phone number is 508-693-1554.
- Food waste drop off is available at the recycling center.
- Free countertop bins for any Oak Bluffs resident. Ask the attendant.
- ALL food waste must be emptied out into food waste totes.
- Do not place ANY bags in food waste totes.
- Food waste drop off is $2.00 per bucket up to 5-gallons.
The collection of food waste helps reduce disposal costs of shipping waste off island, diverts food from landfills and helps enrich the island's soil. More information can be found at Island Grown Initiative's website:
Free disposal of fluorescent bulbs is also available - please see attendant!
Leaves & grass clippings are accepted in the designated area at no charge.
Below is the link to the Town's brush policy:
What can you recycle?
- Aluminum cans (empty and washed clean)
- Cardboard (flatten with all packing tape removed)
- Clean box board (shoes boxes, cereal boxes)
- Glass bottles and jars (no caps or lids, empty & washed clean)
- Glossy inserts
- Junk mail
- Office paper (white and colored)
- Plastic bottles number 1 to number 7 (no caps or lids)
- Food cans (empty and washed clean)
Newspaper, magazines, & paper MUST be separated from ALL cardboard.
- Cell phones
- Pizza boxes
- Books with bindings
- Waxed boxes
- Shredded paper
- Glassware (Pyrex, light bulbs, plate/window glass)
- Plastic bags of any kind
- Printer cartridges (toner or inkjet)
- Styrofoam or packaging materials
- Clothing or linens
- Tanglers (hoses, wires, chains, & electronics)