ADOPTED MASTER PLAN
Ratified by the Planning Board on April 25, 2019
After a year+ process, including surveys and numerous Listening Sessions to involve the citizens of Oak Bluffs, the Master Plan Update Committee voted to endorse a third and final draft on March 25, 2019. The Planning Board voted unanimously to ratify it on April 25, 2019.
Watch the Public Forum held on March 6, 2019
Ewell Hopkins, Chairperson
Term Expires: 2023
Erik Albert, Vice Chair
Term Expires: 2021
Term Expires: April 2022
Term Expires: 2023
Term Expires: 2020
Powers and Duties
- Prepare a comprehensive/master plan (MGL c 41 §81D)
- Propose, review, hold hearings and make recommendations on zoning bylaw/ordinance changes (text and map)
- Review and act on subdivisions - preliminary and definitive plans (MGL c. 41, § 81K-81GG)
- Review and sign Approval Not Required (ANR) plans
- May be a Special Permit Granting Authority (SPGA)
- Review and act on Site Plan Reviews/Approvals
- May hire and supervise planner
- Review and make recommendations to the ZBA (Special permits, comprehensive permits.)
- Review and act on Scenic Road changes
- Review and act on Repetitive Petitions
- Initiate planning projects/plans
- Review requests to remove property from MGL c. 61
- May review and recommend capital improvements
- Other duties as authorized by bylaw, charter
Edgartown Vineyard Haven Road Corridor Planning Initiative
Oak Bluffs is a cherished place, its southern region being the heart of Martha's Vineyard's three down-island towns, if not the entire Island community. This region, a mixture of public & non-profit services, and residential & commercial land uses faces strong development pressures. Few people are aware of the vast amounts of undeveloped land and the interests of current landowners to repurpose their existing developed parcels.
It is the goal of the Oak Bluffs Planning Board to bring an improved process of visioning and oversight to this critical segment of our town.
We invite you to review the recently adopted report of existing land uses and established regulations. This baseline of planning will serve to inform all future efforts in this segment of town. As defined in this report, for planning purposes, this segment of Oak Bluffs will be referred to as The Edgartown- Vineyard Haven Road Corridor.