STATE ELECTION SCHEDULE
LAST DAY TO REGISTER TO VOTE FOR THE STATE ELECTION....
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29TH, 9 AM TO 5 PM AT 56 SCHOOL STREET
IN PERSON EARLY VOTING - AT 56 SCHOOL STREET
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22ND, 9 AM TO 1 PM
MONDAY - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24TH - 29TH, 9 AM TO 1 PM
MONDAY - THURSDAY, OCTOBER 31ST - NOVEMBER 3RD , 9 AM TO 1 PM
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH, 9 AM TO 4 PM
IN PERSON VOTING - LIBRARY MEETING ROOM - 56R SCHOOL STREET
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2022, POLLS OPEN AT 7 AM AND CLOSE AT 8 PM
TOWN MEETING AND ELECTION RESULTS 2022
OPEN MEETING LAW UPDATES On June 16, 2021, Governor Baker signed into law An Act Extending Certain COVID-19 Measures Adopted During the State of Emergency. This Act includes an extension, until April 1, 2022, of the remote meeting provisions of his March 12, 2020, Executive Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law.
ATTORNEY GENERAL APPROVALS RE: ANNUAL TOWN MEETING OF MAY 15, 2021 WARRANT ARTICLE #40 (ZONING) WARRANT ARTICLES #36, 38, 39, 40, 43, & 45 (GENERAL)
The Oak Bluffs Town Clerk’s office provides many services to our community. We work cooperatively with other town departments as well as the State of Massachusetts. Since 1880, we have been the keepers of official records and documents - town meeting records, vital records, Zoning and Town Bylaws, and Town Reports. Our office tracks elected and appointed members of various positions and committees.
We are responsible for all facets of every town, state and federal election. All public meetings are posted through this office and are found in the entryway of our Town Hall. This office creates an annual town census, maintains voter lists and provides proof of residency for the Steamship Authority. We welcome any questions you may have about the Town of Oak Bluffs.
Contact the Town Clerk’s Office regarding:
- Absentee Ballets and Voter Registration for all Elections and Referenda
- Auctioneer Permits
- Bills of Sale for Martha’s Vineyard Camp Meeting Association - $10 first page, $2 thereafter
- Business Certificates - $40 for 4 years (Doing Business As…)
- Certified Copies of Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates (Vital Records)- $10
- Dog Licenses - $10 or $6 for spayed or neutered. Late fee starts March 1st (add $10)
- Intention of Marriage/ Marriage License Application Process - $25
- Junk License
- Proof of Residency (for Steamship Authority)
- Raffle and Bazaar Permits
- Zoning and General By-Laws