All employees who are required to work in Town Buildings or worksite, must complete the above linked questionnaire, and not report to work if they display any COVID-19- like symptoms.
FAMILIES FIRST CORONA RESPONSE ACT (FFCRA).
Information on new leave provisions signed in by the Federal Government for employees to request leave for specified reasons related to the COVID- 19 health crisis.
Request for Leave Form under FFCRA and procedures
Email email@example.com with any questions.
Description of Duties
The Mission of the Personnel Department is to attract and retain staff for the Town of Oak Bluffs to function at it's optimal capacity and to promote a healthy and productive work place.
Works under the policy guidelines set by the Personnel Board - link for the Personnel Board - Meetings and Agendas
The major responsibilities and duties of this office are:
- Administration of the Town's personnel programs, by-laws, classification and compensation schedules
- Formulating and implementing personnel policies
- Recruitment - Employment Opportunities Link
- Maintains employee's accrual records and reports
- Processes and tracks workers compensation, FMLA and PLA
- Employee relations
- Maintenance of employee records
- Provides access and information to employees regarding the Town's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) -The EAP Website
- Support for Collective Bargaining
- Administration of employee evaluation programs
- Aid employees with professional development and management training
- Administers the Senior Citizen Tax-Work Program Tax-work off Vacancies (PDF)
- Senior Citizen Tax Work-Off Application (PDF)
- Eligibility and Guidelines for Senior Citizen Tax Work-Off (PDF)
- Compliance with State and Federal employment laws
- Acts as a resource by providing administrative and technical support to employees, the Personnel Board, Board of Selectmen and Town Administrator
- Position also serves as ADA Coordinator - Town's Grievance Procedures regarding ADA violations (PDF).
Health Insurance and benefits enrollment are processed through the Treasurer/ Collector's office. Access the Enrollment forms: Treasurer - Collector's Web-page
Link for Information on the Dukes County Retirement System: https://dukesretirement.com/
The Town offers a Health Insurance Opt-Out Program for eligible subscribers that award stipends for employees who take alternative health insurance not covered by the Town.
Administrates States Ethics Commission Mandatory Conflict of Interest Requirements for Municipal Employees
Senior Citizen Property Tax Work-Off Program
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) & Parental Leave Act (PLA)
Employee Personnel Policies and Procedures
Request for Leave
Sick Leave Bank
Personnel By-Law & Union Contracts
Health Insurance Opt-Out Program
Classification and Compensation Schedule
Job Application Forms
Employee Resources & Compliance Posters
- MA Retirement Guide for Employees Hired after April 2012 (PDF)
- MA Retirement System Guide for Employees Hired before April 2012 (PDF)
- Guidance on Pregnant Workers Fairness Act 2018-01-23 (PDF)
- OBRA-Information Guide for Temp and seasonal employees (PDF)
- USERRA_Federal (PDF)
- eeo post (PDF)
- EEO poster Supplement_ (PDF)
- Federal minimum wage notice (PDF)
- MA Wage and hour laws - 2017 (PDF)
- Polograph Protection Act (PDF)
- fair employment law poster (PDF)