Welcome To the Building Department Page!
The Building Department is responsible for regulating all aspects of building and property use within Oak Bluffs. If you are considering any type of construction or land use, the Building Department should be the first stop.
Frequently Asked Questions
If Laws, codes or bylaws are preventing you from achieving your building objectives or if you are aggrieved by the Building Inspector's decision, you have an avenue for Appeal to the appropriate body.
- Demolition Permit 2014 (PDF)
- Electrical Application (PDF)
- Home Based Business Application (PDF)
- Inspection Request Form (PDF)
- Massachusetts Permit Application for Gas Fitting (PDF)
- Massachusetts Permit Application for Plumbing (PDF)
- Sign Permit Application 2014 (PDF)
- Trench Permit Application 2009 (PDF)
- Section 12 Solar Bylaws
- Deck Guide
- MASS High Wind Checklist
- One and Two Family App Single Spaced
- Other Than 1 and 2 Family Single Space
- New House and Addition Checklist
- Permitting Residential Rooftop Solar Collectors
- Pool Barrier Requirements
- AMENDED ZONING BY LAW CURRENT TO MARCH 2018
- Zoning By-Laws Appendix B (PDF)