Welcome To the Building Department Page!
The Building Department is responsible for regulating all aspects of building and property use within Oak Bluffs. If you are considering any type of construction or land use, the Building Department should be the first stop.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Building Permit
- Gas Fitting
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Periodic Inspection
- Special Permits
- HIC Program
If Laws, codes or bylaws are preventing you from achieving your building objectives or if you are aggrieved by the Building Inspector's decision, you have an avenue for Appeal to the appropriate body.
- Massachusetts Permit Application for Plumbing (PDF)
- One and Two Family Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Other Than 1 and 2 Family Single Space (PDF)
- Permitting Residential Rooftop Solar Collectors (PDF)
- Residential Express Permit 1_18
- Sign Permit Application 2014 (PDF)
- Trench Permit Application 2009 (PDF)
The value of all property (Real and Personal) of the Town, resulting property tax rates and impacts on the average Single Family Home (SFH) in Oak Bluffs, are below. The rank listed is where Oak Bluffs average SFH tax bill falls compared to the other 351 communities in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Total Property Value
Single Family Parcels
Avg. SFH Home Value
Avg. SFH Tax Bill