Board of Selectmen
- 4:30 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month
- Oak Bluffs Library Meeting Room
56 School Street
Oak Bluffs, MA 02557
In addition to regular monthly meetings, Special Meetings are called as needed by the Board. The Board's meetings are open to the public, and residents may address any issues or concerns that they have to the Board during the Public Comment portion of the agenda near the end of each meeting. The Board's meetings may also be viewed on Channel 15, the local government public access channel.
- Gail Barmakian - 2022
- Jason Balboni - 2021
- Greg Coogan -2021
- Brian Packish - 2020
- Michael Santoro - 2020
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Tue May 21
Tue May 28
Tue Jun. 11
Tue Jun. 25
About the Board
The Board of Selectmen are the Chief Elected Officials of the Town. Massachusetts General Laws vest the Board of Selectmen with all municipal authority not delegated to other elected boards or retained by Town Meeting, as the Town's legislative branch. The Board of Selectmen employs a Town Administrator to manage the day-to-day business of the Town within the Board's policy direction and a Town Counsel to handle the Town's legal affairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Appointing Authority for many Town Boards and Committees, and for employees of the Departments under their jurisdiction
- Licensing Board for the Town
- Maintains fiduciary responsibility for Town finances
- Signs Warrants for the payment of all Town bills
- Issues Warrants for Annual Town Meeting and Special Town Meetings
- Engages Town Counsel to represent the Town in legal issues
- Employs a professional Town Administrator to carry out the Board's policies and decisions