Board of Selectmen
- 4:30 p.m.
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month
- Oak Bluffs Library Meeting Room
56 School Street
Oak Bluffs, MA 02557
In addition to regular monthly meetings, Special Meetings are called as needed by the Board. The Board's meetings are open to the public, and residents may address any issues or concerns that they have to the Board during the Public Comment portion of the agenda near the end of each meeting. The Board's meetings may also be viewed on Channel 15, the local government public access channel.
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Board consists of 5 residents who are elected to 3-year terms on a community-wide basis.
- Kathy Burton
- Gail Barmakian
- Brian Packish
- Greg Coogan
- Michael Santoro
The Board of Selectmen
Duties & Responsibilities
- Appointing Authority for many Town Boards and Committees, and for employees of the Departments under their jurisdiction
- Licensing Board for the Town
- Maintains fiduciary responsibility for Town finances
- Signs Warrants for the payment of all Town bills
- Issues Warrants for Annual Town Meeting and Special Town Meetings
- Engages Town Counsel to represent the Town in legal issues
- Employs a professional Town Administrator to carry out the Board's policies and decisions