I moved more than a year ago and I am still getting Oak Bluffs excise tax bills?

Department:  Tax Collector  
Type:  FAQs  

If your car is not garaged in Oak Bluffs and you are receiving excise tax bills for our municipality, you must contact the Oak Bluffs Assessors Office and apply for abatement. Since all account information is sent to us by the RMV, you should check with them to ensure that the information they have on file is correct. Failing to do so will result in having this problem reoccur.

You should never ignore your bills, even if you are certain that they are invalid. The problem will not be resolved without action from you. If the bill is late and you receive a partial abatement, you are still liable for payment of all accrued interest and penalties.