- Ewell Hopkins, Chairperson
Term Expires: 2019
- Erik Albert
Term Expires: 2021
- Mark Crossland
Term Expires: April 2018
- Robert Fehl
Term Expires: 2020
- Brian Packish
Term Expires: 2018
B-1 Business District Zoning Proposal
The Planning Board in cooperation with the Town Administrator have begun the process of developing a zoning proposal aimed at aligning town zoning By-Laws with the intent to encourage mixed-use “top-of-the-shop” buildings in commercial areas. The first stage of this process is public outreach. Public meetings will be held to review current third party proposals, to develop alternative proposals, and most importantly, to gauge community wants and needs so that the final proposal will reflect the goals of Oak Bluffs residents. Please see below for a more detailed explanation of the vision, purpose, and process anticipated by the Board.
B1 Mixed Use Zoning Proposal
Proposed Zoning Use Table Amendments Related to Mixed Use Zoning
Edgartown Vineyard Haven Road Corridor Planning Initiative
Oak Bluffs is a cherished place, its southern region being the heart of Martha’s Vineyard’s three down-island towns, if not the entire Island community. This region, a mixture of public & non-profit services, and residential & commercial land uses faces strong development pressures. Few people are aware of the vast amounts of undeveloped land and the interests of current landowners to repurpose their existing developed parcels.
It is the goal of the Oak Bluffs Planning Board to bring an improved process of visioning and oversight to this critical segment of our town.
We invite you to review the recently adopted report of existing land uses and established regulations. This baseline of planning will serve to inform all future efforts in this segment of town. As defined in this report, for planning purposes, this segment of Oak Bluffs will be referred to as The Edgartown- Vineyard Haven Road Corridor.
Land Use and Regulations Report
Thank you for participating in the Streetscape public forums. Below is the presentation from the final forum along with previous presentations and plans.
Feb 15 Phase Two Final Public Forum Presentation
Oct 26 Phase Two Public Forum Presentation
Phase Two Plans
Streetscape Master Plan
- Prepare a comprehensive/master plan (MGL c 41 §81D)
- Propose, review, hold hearings and make recommendations on zoning bylaw/ordinance changes (text and map)
- Review and act on subdivisions - preliminary and definitive plans (MGL c. 41, § 81K-81GG)
- Review and sign Approval Not Required (ANR) plans
- May be a Special Permit Granting Authority (SPGA)
- Review and act on Site Plan Reviews/Approvals
- May hire and supervise planner
- Review and make recommendations to the ZBA (Special permits, comprehensive permits.)
- Review and act on Scenic Road changes
- Review and act on Repetitive Petitions
- Initiate planning projects/plans
- Review requests to remove property from MGL c. 61
- May review and recommend capital improvements
- Other duties as authorized by bylaw, charter